Friday, February 3, 2017

Over You.


I remember the way your mustache grew into your beard

And your shirt tail was always half out of your trousers

I remember the smell that always filled every room you were in

And the way you’d smile every time you saw me so much as grin

I remember the 2AM I love yous and the 8AM goodbyes

And I can still feel your hands around my waist

But other than all that, I’m over you

I remember the crinkles in your t-shirt

And the hairtie around your right wrist

I remember the way you’d look at me without anyone knowing

And the way you’d kiss me so softly

I remember that last date, that last glass of your Jack Daniel’s

And I can still feel your presence in a corner of my soul

But mostly, I really am over you

Because I also remember the tears at 4AM

And the poison words waiting for me when I woke up

I remember the anger in your voice

And I know the control you so desperately wanted over me

I remember the other girls that had heard the same sweet nothings

And the hearts that you loved to keep in your collection

I remember the lies that you spewed at my naïve soul

And the my dreams that you loved to set on fire

I remember the joy that my tears brought you

And death in your eyes when you said I didn’t matter

I remember the times I begged you to let me in

And the moments you took away any hope I had

I remember the fairytales you turned to black

And the demons you brought to life in my soul

I remember the nights that I didn’t want to wake up

And the days that I woke up in a daze, wishing to sleep forever

So yes, for the last time on these empty pages

I will write words that resonate with you

While they all might always somewhere be true,


I am now and forever will be over you. 







Dilz

No comments:

Post a Comment