Thursday, April 20, 2017

Me Over You

Sleeping for half an hour every night

Making friends with the midnight owl

Asking questions to the stars

And leaving hopes on the corner of dark clouds

Telling myself I dodged a bullet

But wondering where all that forever love went

Thinking you were the love of my life

Making plans before making peace

You poison words have dug themselves deep into my soul

I thought you were a lover, but all I see now is a monster

Fangs out and claw marks on my heart

I promised myself I wouldn’t let a devil in again

I let myself believe empty, beautiful words

And I suddenly became the doormat to your home of pain

I said goodbye and you said “make sure you think about this twice”

But baby, don't for a second be fooled

In a hundred lifetimes, with a thousand thoughts


I will still always choose me over you.





Dilz

No comments:

Post a Comment