Monday, August 11, 2014

Time.

There was a time, where life fell into perfect stanzas and love only meant making a plan and kissing in the rain. Bangalore monsoons had a beautiful way of engulfing everything in damp simplicity.

Earning money meant pocket money that was just enough to be able to afford a quarter of Old Monk every Saturday night, and a plate of chat the next day, to try and drown out the rum, with a girlfriend while you reminiscence on drunken memories and uncontrollable laughter.

Days have kind of decided to roll themselves into the next one as I get into an auto every morning and follow that same route to work everyday.

Love only exists in my dreams for now, of a soulmate that is yet to be found, and an all encompassing love that is yet to be experienced. A kiss that will change everything. Or a brush of an arm that'll give me goosebumps... What juvenile expectations. Oh, how wonderful.

Girlfriends still keep me sane, though. So many years later, and so many drunken memories made... My girls got my back. (Even if they might change from time to time)

Dilz

No comments:

Post a Comment