Monday, October 31, 2016

25

25.

The things I believed I would be at 25. The infinities I was convinced I would have created at 
25.

The world I was so certain would be mine if I just hit this number.

It’s been almost a week since I turned 25 and a quarter life crisis officially had the permission to knock on my door, and I still don’t know.

I don’t know where my soulmate is, how much closer I am to true love, how far my career is going to get to and how happy I am capable of being.

Seasons came and went and the trees taught me lessons about how to let go. Fairy lights laced through balcony grills, and firecrackers light the night sky.

Ink stains on my fingers, Old Monk on my breath, secret words on old paper and the world at my feet.

Old Hindi songs on loop, jammies with the lingering scent of innocence and maturity where it needs to be.

25, it’s been a long road to get here and it’s all been wonderful.

Passion, anger, love, faith, home, hope, family, dreams, and everything in between.


The universe kept its promise, after all this time and all these years, it’s time I kept mine.





Dilz 

No comments:

Post a Comment