Tuesday, June 13, 2017

When Will It Be Over?

I’m 5 days away from 2 months
And I still can’t see any signs of a scar
Wounds still wide open, feelings gush out without warning
I spent 2 years filling an empty glass, wondering when you would too
Blue skies have changed to grey and the monsoon is here again
I remember the rains last year and how I was wrapped up in your arms
The curve of your lips, the strength of your hands, the depth of your voice
The softness of your kisses, the music of your laughter
Times goes by so slowly but sometimes too fast
Your doormat was everything I every gave you
And my home was every silence you never got through
Broken bricks lay down the path of invisible healing
I take 5 steps forward and then a 100 steps back
I cross my legs and remember when you laid your head on my lap
I close my eyes and remember when we fell asleep under the stars
I let the water run over me under the shower
And remember every time you wrapped the towel around me
Memories clog every future of fine I could have
Too much hurts and too little has healed
You said you’d love me like a child
But all I am now is an orphan searching for a lost heart
Roofs collect the ghosts of my hopeless love
And your life goes on by, like nothing ever changed
My phone never lights up and my ears bleed for the sound of your voice



When will this ever be over?






Dilz

No comments:

Post a Comment