Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The Burdens Of A Whole Heart

Is it a hope that changes heaven and Earth? Or is it a notion?

I'm starting to steer away from that line as it blurs in the distance of what I thought I knew 

Worlds laid to rest and lives let loose of the noose of tainted love 

Playing back drunken midnight conversations, trying to piece together what was left behind 

Iron bars barricade all the joy that I poured into another heart

Funny thing certainty without a warranty can be. 

The things you feel you are capable of achieving even without a safety net 

The words that you so easily believe because... Why not? 

Understanding as a person, trying to make sense to a soul 

I betrayed myself so steadily and with so much conviction

I can no longer find what it was that I left behind 

What it was that let me believe in things that were left in the sky 

Time goes by as slowly as it wants to and I leave a trail 

Of lessons and pick up little bits of wisdom like a parched dessert 

Looking for a semblance of moisture to heal these cracks 

How time teaches us what we need to learn, but what we maybe never had to 

How a heart bares a burden larger than it's being and walks away whole 

Hopeful as ever, bashful with faith, and full of more love to give. 



I'm almost ready. 







Dilz 

No comments:

Post a Comment