Monday, March 4, 2019

My Beautiful Mother


Dear Mama,
The hand you’ve been dealt has never been easy but with grace you have turned misery to milestones every time. You have seen a life that is rooted in hard work and yet you have only presented joy to my siblings and I.

There are few people that come into this world unacquainted with their own power, you are one of them. You are kind and soft like a flower, more fierce than a lioness, a mother beyond compare and my bestest friend. The years have left no scars in your ability to love and have showcased a phoenix with limitless passion.

Where once grew weeds, you made gardens. Where lay my insecurities, you nurtured confidence. Your tears lay silently on your pillow some nights, but yet every morning we were greeted with the warmest smile.

You cut ties with hunger so we could be full, you lied with a ‘I don’t want it, it’s yours’ so we always got the last bite. When naysayers gave us sleepless nights, you sang to us till we closed our eyes. When friends turned to foe you showed us how if we have each other, we need nothing more.

My sweet mother, you are not your demons, but your dreams. And you are more than we deserve in this life of what could be.

The Earth is a better place because you have walked on its ground and watered it’s soil with your heart.

I love you, now and forever.







- Diya Vasuraj - 

No comments:

Post a Comment