Tuesday, March 5, 2019

The Same Goodbye


Sometimes, on warm sunny days

I go back to when we were young

You were my whole heart

And I was the entirety of your world

We kissed on crowded streets

And made love in the afternoon

We were on the same side

And our dreams included one another

I was young and innocent, with demons to match

You were older and tainted, but naïve at best

The streets told our limitless story

While old pubs become memory boxes

Oh, how I wish to feel like that again

Back when we were young and restless

The years have soon come to pass

And we haven’t spoken for all of them

Heart break was the root of this story

But you and I threw caution to the wind

I wonder where you are these days

And if you remember those long nights 

Me in your arms, under the stars

As we danced to the music of the sky

I’m not the girl I used to be

But you might still be the boy I left behind

I’m a woman of different capabilities

Are you the man I’d warned you of?

Sometimes, this city brings you back to me

One moment at a time

Sometimes I hear you through the chaos

I remember the days you were mine

You’ve been in love since then

And to be honest, so have I

But never like that again

I can’t do the same goodbye twice.







- Diya Vasuraj - 

No comments:

Post a Comment