Wednesday, March 6, 2019

My Dear


Pungent and heavy

Are the dreams built on lies

Deceiving and eerie

Are the minds that work behind

We aren’t pawns

In a game larger than ourselves

We aren’t puppets

In a world built on what’s unfair

Make a name for yourself, they said

Make your family proud

But a name I already have

It’s the one that stand out in a crowd

Tainted souls make for poor leaders

And wishful sheep herd along

But the wolf lives in my mirror

Your downfall won’t make a sound

Don’t worry about me

Or what I might do with my life

Worry about yourself, honey

Because falls exist, but first comes pride

I don’t expect you to understand

The thinking that comes with being great

Don’t let mediocrity bring you down

It’s written in the lines of your fate

So the next time you come around

Just know you’re not welcome here

For my circle is my sacred place

And you’re too tarnished, my dear





- Diya Vasuraj - 

No comments:

Post a Comment